Care Home Insurance

Get In Touch

Find out what we can do to help you with your finances. Get in touch with us today!

Contact us

Finance & Insurance for SMEs

Because no two care homes are the same, our specialist care home insurance is designed to offer flexible, value-for-money cover. We will thoroughly evaluate the requirements of your care home and offer you a tailor-made policy to suit. This means you get to define the precise level of cover needed to protect your business. We will thoroughly evaluate your business and offer you specialist advice and guidance to ensure you feel confident that, should you ever have to make a claim, your business is very well prepared.

We provide advice on policies for owners of a wide range of care homes including residential care homes, nursing homes, hospices, sheltered accommodation, supported living and housing associations.

Product Range

  • Care home insurance
  • Residential and nursing care for the elderly
  • Residential and supported living for adults
  • Book debts
  • Buildings and contents insurance (including residents effects)
  • Consequential Loss
  • Employers, public and products liability
  • Legal expenses
  • Loss of registration
  • Malpractice insurance
  • Minibus insurance
  • Money
  • Free advice line
  • Domiciliary Care Insurance
  • Minibus Insurance

We broker policies that offer flexible insurance cover to suit most needs. The tailored flexibility of available plans allows you to define the precise level of cover needed, to protect your business, from basic to comprehensive cover.

We have access to the largest range of insurance products and services in the UK, backed by leading insurers. You will benefit directly from in-house administrators and underwriters, a wide range of cover and an in-house claims service in the event something goes wrong. 

Key policy features:

  • 24-hour legal advice helpline
  • Cover for abuse allegations
  • Legal liabilities, including malpractice
  • Personal injury or assault during the course of the business
  • Home contentsinsurance, including residents’ effects
  • Loss of earnings
  • Book debts
  • Loss of money and cheques
  • Legal expenses insurance
  • Prompt access to a registration consultant
  • Business interruption 

You will receive a full loss-recovery service in person from an appointed loss adjuster, which also includes a 24-hour/365 days-a-year helpline, for immediate advice and assistance.

For material damage claims over £5,000 (excluding subsidence), Towergate Assist will:

  • Apply to both material damage and business interruption claims
  • Arrange interim payments from insurers when necessary
  • Arrange temporary premises and equipment to enable trade to continue
  • Prepare a fully-valued inventory of all items damaged orstolen
  • Handle meetings and correspondence with insurers
  • Co-ordinate builders,surveyors, decorators etc. asrequired
  • Work in conjunction with your own accountantsto formulate a loss-of-profits claim
  • Negotiate the best possible settlement(s) to which you are entitledCybHR 

As part of the legal expenses cover, you will receive, at no extra cost, a web-based human resources management tool – CybHR. This can be used to manage your human resources administration completely and help keep you compliant. In one place, it includes customisable letter templates and can be used to store all your important documentation, including employee contracts and policy statements. In addition, the system delivers the latest news and a knowledge bank of HR-related legal topics. The less time you spend on administration and paperwork, the more time you will have to maximise the potential and independence of your service users. 

Domiciliary care

In this ever-evolving market, where more and more elderly or vulnerable adults are cared for in their own homes, caregivers and care business owners need to ensure they are adequately covered to perform their duties away from their own premises. 

  • In-house underwriter to quickly establish cover
  • Access to a registration consultant
  • Public/products liability: limit of indemnity £10m and including theft by employee of service user’s property (£25,000)
  • Employer’sliability – £10m
  • Medical malpractice – £5m
  • Professional indemnity – £2m
  • Office contents, including money and business interruption 

Minibus insurance

If you operate a minibusto transport residents, we can provide minibus insurance to suit almost any care home, nursing home or day centre, providing that drivers have the appropriate UK licence and the vehicle has between seven and 17 seats. 

Additional insurances and services available

Popular care home add-ons include: 

  • Directors and officers’ liability insurance
  • Risk management
  • Pensions advisory service
  • Care home buildingsinsurance
  • Passenger-lift inspection and plant breakdown
  • Loss of your own, or your family’s, personal belongings
  • Personal accident insurance (for you and all your staff) 

What happens if you need to make a claim?

You will have access to a dedicated claims team to give you the support you need until your claim is resolved, and a 24-hour emergency assistance helpline


Leave your details with us, and we'll call you back

Details submitted through this form are confidential. We will process any personal information collected in this form in accordance with our Privacy notice.
The information therein is used only to contact you to discuss the areas you've expressed an interest in.

Please note the contents of this form is sent via email and therefore may not be secure.